Visiting the sauna is relaxing, makes you more resilient to viruses such as the flu, helps with chronic pain conditions such as fybromyalgia and rheumatism and conditions such as type 2 diabetes, among others.
Many thousands of years ago, people discovered that natural sources of heat help regenerate our bodies. Saunas were built for cleansing, fun and relaxation.
All types of saunas have the same principle: you expose your body to different temperatures. Heat in the sauna and coolness in a pool of cold water, in a snow cabin or cold air, etc.
The sauna walk:
- Build up your stay in the hot environment slowly, choosing from temperatures between 80-120 C̊ .
- Cooling down is very important.
- Resting and eating and drinking well is also part of it.
Visiting the sauna is healthy for body and mind!
Some health benefits of a good sauna session at a glance:
- Can prevent cardiovascular disease
- Helps with lung diseases and flu
- can cure skin conditions
- Relieves pain in chronic conditions, such as rheumatoid arthritis and fibromyalgia
- hardening of the body (better resistance)
- reduces stress
- improves the immune system in the broadest sense of the word
- reduces the risk of type 2 diabetes
The above statements are scientifically based. Sources: Dr. med. Janka Zálešáková, specialist in physiology, balneology and rehabilitation medicine